What are the safety practices followed during Bunkering operation?
- Proper quantity check of existing bunker and make a bunker plan accordingly. Safe quantity to be 95 % of the volume of a particular the tank.
- Bunker line valve to be lined up properly as per the bunker plan before starting bunker and other side of the manifold should be closed with blank flange in place.
- Bunker tanks vents to be clean for proper removal of air during bunkering.
- All scrapper on deck to be closed before start of bunker. Any leakage should be retained on board.
- Emergency stop procedure must be discussed before start and method should be agreed upon by both the party.
- SOPEP equipment should be in readiness near the manifold.
- Fire fighting equipment should be in readiness.
For more click here
IMO website link click here